Discussion: Research Design and t Tests: How Are They Connected?
The best way to solidify your understanding of statistical testing is to actually engage in performing some data analysis. This week you will work with a real, secondary dataset to construct a research question, perform a t test, and interpret the results.
Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources and the media programs related to t tests.
- Using the SPSS software, open the High School Longitudinal Study dataset found in this week’s Learning Resources and construct a research question that involves a comparison of a means test.
BY DAY 3
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed and post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What comparison of means test was used to answer the question (be sure to defend the use of the test using the article you found in your search)?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Identify your research question and explain your results for a lay audience, what is the answer to your research question?
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.