The purpose of this assignment is:
- To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice change intervention.
- The information from the ‘Illustration’ part of our lessons in Weeks 1-6 will mentor you through this process. Your change process is to be set up as a pilot project.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO 2)
- CO 8: Selects evidence for best practices when planning professional nursing care involving systems, processes, and devices for individuals, families, aggregates and communities. (PO 8)
The assignment is worth 225 points.
Please do not use any of the Nurse Daniel information for your own topic, nursing intervention, or change project. Nurse Daniel serves as an example only to illustrate the change process.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with IntegrityLinks to an external site.
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: Evidence-Based Practice Change Process Assignment Tutorial or by reading the transcriptLinks to an external site..
- Download the EBP Change Process formLinks to an external site. during Week 1. The use of this specific form is REQUIRED
- Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
- Locate a systematic review on your topic from the Chamberlain Library.. Be sure this involves nursing actions.
- Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
- Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
- Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
- Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
- Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
- Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Scholarly Sources and Citation s
- Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed.
- Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
As detailed in the Simple Syllabus, all required Chamberlain papers, discussions or other written learning activities are subject to submission for detection of plagiarism to Turnitin ® or other anti-plagiarism software. Remember, Chamberlain’s philosophy is Integrity Matters so please use all resources within your course and your instructor if you have any questions or need assistance with this assignment.
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.