The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 1: Applies principles of nursing, theories, and the care philosophies to self, colleagues, individuals, families, aggregates and communities throughout the healthcare system. (PO 1)
- CO 6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) standards of practice. (PO 6)
The assignment is worth 200 points.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with IntegrityLinks to an external site.
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: iCARE Paper Tutorial
- Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
- C ompassion
- A dvocacy
- R esilience
- E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to the interprofessional team, the culture of your practice setting, and positive patient outcomes through nursing actions demonstrating compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper.
- Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
- When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Elements of iCARE paper
- Title page
- Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
- Title of your paper as the heading for the introduction (Do not use the word Introduction, just the paper title from your title page. See page 61 of the APA Manual, 7th edition for an example). Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
- Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
- References: List any references used in APA format.
The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
iCare Assignment TemplateLinks to an external site. – APA 7th edition
Only the APA 7th edition is to be used in this assignment.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- The template provided is recommended.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
As detailed in the Simple Syllabus, all required Chamberlain papers, discussions or other written learning activities are subject to submission for detection of plagiarism to Turnitin ® or other anti-plagiarism software. Remember, Chamberlain’s philosophy is Integrity Matters so please use all resources within your course and your instructor if you have any questions or need assistance with this assignment.
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.