Choose one public corporation in an industry with which you are familiar. (Note: you will use this same corporation in every assignment throughout the course)
Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the corporation:
- The corporation’s website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
- Strayer University’s online databases.
- The Nexis Uni database.
- Other credible sources such as the corporation’s annual report, will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
- It is expected that you will use your textbook as a resource for this assignment.
- Read Assignment Formatting and Tips [PDF] before starting the assignment. Refer back to this document as needed.
- Review the scoring guide (rubric) in the course guide before starting the assignment.
- Download and save the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX].
- (Note: this template is provided as a guide for the first assignment. Refer back to it if needed as guidance for later assignments.)
- Use the template to write a 4-6 page academic research paper in which you include the following:
Step 1: Assess how globalization and technology changes have impacted the corporation you researched. Support your assessment with specific evidence.
Step 2: Apply the industrial organization model and the resource-based model to determine how your corporation could earn above-average returns. Support your response with specific evidence.
Step 3: Assess how the vision statement and mission statement of the corporation influences its overall success. Support your assessment with specific evidence.
Step 4: Evaluate how each category of stakeholder impacts the overall success of the corporation. Support your response with specific evidence.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.