In this assignment, you will be applying your knowledge of assessment in counseling to a specific scenario. Use the Resources provided and the University Library to complete the following:
- Select one of the scenarios from the Unit 9 Scenarios document in the Resources.The scenario you choose should be based on your program of study (MHC).
- Identify the primary question an assessment needs to address for your identified scenario. What is the primary presenting concern of the client or clients in your scenario?
- Examine three different assessment tools for the identified case:
- Identify a symptom checklist that might be useful, and describe its application in this case.
- Describe personality assessment and identify a personality assessment instrument and its application in this case.
- Finally, select a third assessment tool related to your program of study (MHC, MFCT, or School Counseling).
- Provide a clear description of the assessment tool, and measure of the identified problem. Use evidence from the literature to support your description.
- Describe how the assessment is scored and interpreted. In your description of the assessment’s scoring and interpretation, be certain to incorporate the measurement constructs (such as reliability and validity) you have learned about throughout this course. Be certain to discuss the ways in which the assessment is validated for use with diverse clients.
- Evaluate how assessment is linked to the practice of counseling. As the counselor for your identified scenario, how do the assessment tools you identified in the previous section support your work as a counselor? Be certain to discuss the applicability of each to initial assessment. Then, go beyond initial assessment to examine the ways you can use assessment throughout the counseling process.
- Evaluate how the tools can be used with diverse clients as part of an ethical assessment process. How would you present the assessment results to your client or clients? Describe the process of presenting assessment results with a clear consideration of the client’s unique cultural context. Be certain to identify the relevant sections of the code of ethics for your profession (ACA, AAMFT, or ASCA).
Please use the Assignment Template listed in the Resources to compose your Final Assignment paper.
- Written communication: Written communication must be free of errors such that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
- Length of paper: Seven to ten double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
THE CASE OF SOPHIA
Sophia is 17 years old and a high school junior, hoping to attend college. She will be the first from her family to attend college. She has above average grades and has exceeded the minimum score for the state university in her SAT scores. Her problem is that she does not know what she wants to do. Other than her teachers, she knows very few adults with college degrees and feels she is entering uncharted waters. The adults in her extended family work together running the family restaurant. They are supportive of her attending college and have many ideas about what she should study based on many of their own unfulfilled dreams. She wonders why she does not seem to have dreams of her own. She is seeking counseling to explore her options.
MUST ADDRESS ALL BULLETS WITHIN PAPER AND USE HEADERS
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.