It is anticipated that the initial discussion should be in the range of 250-300 words. All questions in the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citation and reference must adhere to APA 7th edition format.
A key component in doing anything new is changing the old behavior/attitude/belief so that the change can take effect. According to Kurt Lewin, you must unfreeze before you can begin to change. The unfreezing in itself is a change that allows you to be open to further change. Once you have unfrozen, you are able to transform, then by refreezing, you internalize the change.
If you picture this as an ice cube, the process becomes clear, before you can make a square ice cube into a different shape you must first allow it to thaw, to get used to the idea of change.
• Identify a change effort that you were a part of or that you witnessed.
Opening of a new hospital as an expansion to the old one. Stanford Healthcare and Clinics. I am attaching an advertising article. About opening the new addition to the hospital:
Greicius, J., (2019, Dec. 16). Tomorrow’s hospital today.
• Provide a brief overview of the intended change and the outcome.
• Using one of the change theories in the book or one that you have researched, analyze the change effort that you presented.
• What went well?
• What didn’t go well?
Distribution of staff, our department did not hire more people to cover the demand, we are the Interpretation and translation department.
• What would you have done differently if you had been in a leadership position?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Hitt, M.A., Colella, A., Miller, C. & Triana, M. (2018). Organizational behavior. (5th ed.). Wiley Publishing.
• Brown, R., & Abuatiq, A. (2020). Resilience as a strategy to survive organizational change (Links to an external site.). Nursing Management, February, 18-21. https://prx-herzing.lirn.net/login?qurl=https://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi%3fT=JS%26CSC=Y%26NEWS=N%26PAGE=fulltext%26AN=00006247-202002000-00005%26LSLINK=80%26D=ovft
• Redford, L. (2019). Building the rural healthcare workforce: Challenges and strategies in the current economy (Links to an external site.). Journal of the American Society on Aging, 43(2), 71-75. https://prx-herzing.lirn.net/login?qurl=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx%3fdirect=true%26db=rzh%26AN=138019386%26site=ehost-live
• Wadsworth, B., Felton, F., & Linus, R. (2016). SOARing into strategic planning: Engaging nurses to achieve significant outcomes (Links to an external site.). Nursing Administration Quarterly, 40(4), 299-306. https://prx-herzing.lirn.net/login?qurl=https://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi%3fT=JS%26CSC=Y%26NEWS=N%26PAGE=fulltext%26AN=00006216-201610000-00005%26LSLINK=80%26D=ovft
• Weech-Maldonado, R., Dreachslin, J., Epane, J., Gail, J., Gupta, S., & Wainio, J. (2018). Hospital cultural competency as a systematic organizational intervention: Key findings from the national center for healthcare leadership diversity demonstration project (Links to an external site.). Health Care Management Review, 43(1), 30-41. https://prx-herzing.lirn.net/login?qurl=https://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi%3fT=JS%26CSC=Y%26NEWS=N%26PAGE=fulltext%26AN=00004010-201801000-00005%26LSLINK=80%26D=ovft
• Young, J., Landstrom, G., Rosenberger, S., & Albu, A. (2015). Leading nursing into the future: Development of a strategic nursing platform on a system level (Links to an external site.). Nursing Administration Quarterly, 39(3), 239-246. https://prx-herzing.lirn.net/login?qurl=https://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi%3fT=JS%26CSC=Y%26NEWS=N%26PAGE=fulltext%26AN=00006216-201507000-00008%26LSLINK=80%26D=ovft
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.