The signature assignment’s goal is to apply your skills that you have learned throughout the semester, and to write about your experience.
Step 1: Complete the “Listening” Exercise
- Invite a friend, family member or any person you feel comfortable with them and ask them if they will help you in completing a homework assignment to practice your listening skills.
- It is important that you get their explicit permission and that you make it clear that this is an assignment.
- The exercise includes these parameters:
- Listen to your partner for 50 straight (uninterrupted) minutes.
- Withhold giving advice and judgement
- Encourage openness and honestly.
- Do not speak about yourself or relate the content from the speak to make it about you.
- You can ask clarifying questions and in general, encourage your partner to speak and feel comfortable.
- You may take notes during this exercise.
- Use one tool you learned in class (examples: reflecting, mirroring, empathy, being quiet, anything!)
- Notice your partner’s body language, tone and affect.
Step 2: Complete the “Experience” Paper
Paper Length: 4-6 Pages, 1 reference at least.
After the completion of this exercise, you will write about your experience. You should address the following questions:
- What did you notice about your partner’s body language, tone and affect throughout the exercise. Did it change or stay the same?
- What was most difficult for you during this exercise?
- What was easy for you?
- What do you think your partner might have experienced while you were listening?
- What were some of the things you wanted to do, but couldn’t given the parameters of the exercise? Why do you think that was the case?
- What was the tool you decided to use? Why?
- Why do you think it’s hard for us to listen to one another?
- What is one thing you need to work on as a listener?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.