In Excel Case #1, we will analyze two technology companies: Intel Corporation (INTC) and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM). Here are profiles of each:
Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer, networking, data storage, and communication platforms worldwide. The company operates through Client Computing Group, Data Center Group, Internet of Things Group, Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group, Programmable Solutions Group, and All Other segments. Its platforms are used in notebooks, desktops, and wireless and wired connectivity products; enterprise, cloud, and communication infrastructure market segments; and retail, automotive, industrial, and various other embedded applications. The company offers microprocessors, and system-on-chip and multichip packaging products. It also provides NAND flash memory products primarily used in solid-state drives; and programmable semiconductors and related products for communications, data center, industrial, military, and automotive markets. In addition, the company develops computer vision and machine learning, data analysis, localization, and mapping for advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous driving. It serves original equipment manufacturers, original design manufacturers, industrial and communication equipment manufacturers, and cloud service providers. Intel Corporation has collaboration with Tata Consultancy Services to set up a center for advanced computing that develops solutions in the areas of high performance computing, high performance data analytics, and artificial intelligence. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Santa Clara, California.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing, selling, packaging, testing, and computer-aided design of integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. The company manufactures masks and electronic spare parts; researches, develops, designs, manufactures, sells, packages, and tests color filters; and offers customer and engineering support services. It is also involved in investing activities. The company operates in Taiwan, the United States, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and internationally. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in HsinChu, Taiwan.
Save your file using the following naming convention: LastName_Excel_Assignment.xlsx
In this assignment you will be working with the FLIGHT_DATA data set. The data subset is for the month of January 2017, limited to the three New York city airports: Kennedy (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark (EWR).
Prepare the data:
– Format the data range on the Flight_Data worksheet as a table. Give the table the same name as the worksheet.
– Add the CARRIER_NAME column to the right of UNIQUE_CARRIER. Populate the column using a VLOOKUP function that references the table array on the UNIQUE_CARRIERS worksheet.
– Add the DEST_AIRPORT column to the right of DEST. On the AIRPORTS worksheet, use a combination of Text-to-Columns and the TRIM function to create an Airport column that contains only airport names. Once completed, populate the DEST_AIRPORT column on Flight-Data worksheet using a VLOOKUP function that references the table array on the AIRPORTS worksheet.
– Add the ACTUAL_DELAY column, to the right of the ARR_DELAY column in the FLIGHT_DATA where ACTUAL_DELAY is defined as any ARR_DELAY > 0.
– Assign Range Names to the following columns in FLIGHT_DATA: FL_DATE, ORIGIN, ACTUAL_DELAY, UNIQUE_CARRIER
The dashboard you’ll create is intended to help travelers make their flight decision based on published flight delay information.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.