Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review Chapters 5 and 6 in your course textbook. The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week’s theme of sustaining Earth’s biodiversity and ecosystems; second, to provide your first contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- Select a term from the list of choices in the Week 3 – Term Selection
Table located in the
course. Type your name in the table, next to the word that you would like to
- Do not select a term that a classmate has already chosen; only one student per term. If you choose a term that is hyperlinked to a source, that term is one that is not mentioned in our textbook. Instead of being required to use the text as your third source for completing the assignment, you will be expected to use the hyperlinked source provided for you.
- Download the Week 3 Assignment Template available in the course and replace the
guiding text with your own words based upon your online research.
- Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA format expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that can be taken to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Water Resources paper
- Must be a minimum of three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted text, or references) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible and/or scholarly sources in
addition to the course text. To receive optimal credit, use at least one
scholarly source from a peer-reviewed academic journal. To aid you in your
research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the University
Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following videos and
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing Full text and citation in Google Scholar: Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.