Interactions between supervisors and supervisees should be carefully considered in order to foster a positive work environment that encourages high compliance with the delivery of treatment plans. In this assignment, you will consider how to effectively deliver feedback during supervision sessions between a supervisor and a supervisee in order to increase the likelihood of improved performance.
Review the three supervision videos in this week’s Supervision Feedback media presentation. Then complete the following:
- Describe the interactions observed in all three videos.
- What is the ratio of praise to constructive statements in each video?
- Research best practices related to supervision feedback. Summarize the main conclusions of the research.
- Evaluate the interactions in each video.
- How did what you observed in each of the videos compare to best practice techniques in the OBM literature on feedback (hint: think about Daniels’s 4:1 ratio)?
- What worked well in the interactions?
- What did not work well in the interactions?
- Which video do you believe would be most likely to improve the supervisee’s performance based on the literature and compassionate approaches to supervisory practices? Refer to the Capella Compassion Code [PDF] for more information.
- Written Communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines. Review Evidence and APA for more information.
- Resources: At least three scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages, excluding title page and list of references.
- SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssign before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.
Refer to the Supervision Sessions Best Practice Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.