Assessment format – Report
You will be allocated an organisation (or may be asked to select one) who are looking to increase their engagement in international trading. The business will already be undertaking some limited export operations and be interested/engaged in procuring products from overseas.
You are required to undertake suitable research to identify new international market opportunities for the business and to suggest opportunities for purchasing components/materials/products from overseas. Your research should cover micro and macro factors and should form the basis of recommendations for screening overseas markets to choose a suitable market to engage with.
Your research should inform an international engagement plan which outlines the necessary strategic approaches and operational activities, to achieve the businesses objectives. Your report should be underpinned by relevant theory and all recommendations should be fully justified.
Your report should include the following:
- A description of the organisation and situational analysis. This should include its products/services, market conditions/issues, competitive landscape. You should focus on the organisation’s strengths including what would the justification be for the business to expand further internationally? (10%)
- Detail the macro and micro criteria and other marketing factors that would be
relevant to narrow down the choice of potential markets and subsequently profile the markets. You should state why these criteria are relevant to the organisation and its market research in the new market selection? Please note you need to use both macro and micro criteria here that are relevant to the organisation and the market. (10%)
- Using detailed and relevant macro and micro criteria you should screen the number of countries down from all available markets in the world to profile your final selected country. The business may already be trading with this country in a very limited way or it may be a completely new area. You need to detail why the chosen country is relevant (including references to issues such as manufacturing opportunities, competitors, distribution networks, key market profiles within the country and other international strategic issues). You should use a recognised International Marketing theoretical framework, research data and statistics to reinforce your analysis. (30%)
- You should create an international engagement plan to demonstrate how the organisation should penetrate the country/market that you have selected. Your plan should reflect the organisation’s objectives, recommend a suitable market entry strategy, and align with its overall strategic direction. Your plan should consider potential competitor activities in the selected country. The plan should focus on marketing mix issues, brand/product modifications, and effective (digital) marketing communications. You should also include a section outlining suitable processes for monitoring and control. (30%)
- Discuss using research on the chosen country market which other products or services will make success the launch of this new organisation/ product in this market. Your recommendations and justifications should be supported with statistics. (20%)
This should be in report format including double spacing.
The percentages indicated at the end of points 1, 2 3, & 4 above indicate the weighting which will be given to each area when conducting the assessment. You will be given an overall grade, which reflects the comprehensive nature and effectiveness of your report and plan.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.