2 scholarly references are required.
• You must use the course textbook as 1 resource/reference.
Course textbook: Leger, J. M. (2023). Financial management for nurse managers: Merging the heart with the dollar (5th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Discussion Questions: Answer the following questions.
- Nurse leaders play a key role in creating and maintaining budgets.
• Who creates the budget in your clinical practice?
• Do multiple leaders and managers contribute to a team approach?
An increase in patients to the unit and overstocking a patient’s room are two common ways supplies can run low. The need for an increase in supplies is not budgeted.
• Who absorbs the cost of overstocking supplies in a patient’s room?
• As the nurse leader, how do you address the supply shortage?
Staffing needs are expensive:
• What is the costliest solution when staffing needs are not being met for the nursing department?
• Why does this source of man-hours come at such a high cost?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.