Qualities of a Good Leader
Prior to completing this assignment, read page 141 of Bensley and Brookins-Fisher (2009) and examine the nine qualities that make a good leader. These particular traits apply mainly to coalitions and support groups, but they can also be used within many other aspects of being an effective health educator. In addition to the textbook reading, read the articles Leadership and Teamwork: Two Sides of the Same Coin and The High Flying Leadership Qualities: What Matters the Most?
Your assignment for this week is to write a document expanding upon each of these nine concepts by addressing the following:
· Explain each quality in your own words (ask yourself “What does this mean?” to help address this item).
· Demonstrate how you have used each skill in your own experiences (ask yourself “how might I have used this in my personal or professional life?”). Note: If you have never applied this to quality, please demonstrate how you COULD have used it in your personal or professional life. Provide details of that experience as part of your response.
· Explain how you would be able to use this leadership quality in your health education career.
· Identify one additional quality not listed here that you believe is associated with leadership.
· Explain how you would apply or have applied that additional quality in your career.
A few notes for this assignment:
· References are not needed beyond the textbook, but they are encouraged.
· You are welcome to use bullet points to assist in organization, but the submitted paper must have an APA title page and at least one APA reference for the text which will not count towards the page total.
· In-text citations must also be used where required.
· You can use personal situations to demonstrate your use of each quality to address the second bullet point listed above; it does not have to be related to health education.
The Qualities of a Good Leader Assignment
· Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least one credible source or your textbook. Be sure to integrate your research rather than simply inserting it (for more information, please review this Integrating Research video).
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.