I’m working on a political science multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1. Watch: The Shooting of Ronald Reagan (How it Was)(National Geographic)(2016)
a. Rating: N/A (gun violence; attempted murder/assassination)
b. Link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yh9l9
i. Carrie Leonetti, The Constitutional Role of the Insanity Defense: Does Law’s History Matter?, 57
Crim. Law Bulletin (2021)(Start by skimming pg. 9, then read through article as a whole).
ii. N.J.S.A. 2C:4-1.
iii. U.S. Const. amend. VIII; amend. XXV (Amendment 8 &Amendment 25).
iv. Crime File: Insanity Defense:
v. John Hinckley’s Jodie Foster Obsession:
THIS FORMAT GONNA BE THE SAME EVERY WEEK!
*Goal: I know you have watched the film, read the articles, and analyzed both
- Try to complete watch the film and complete the reading before asking questions. Take notes and spend some time reflecting on both!
- Include Specifics (e.g. note on specific scene or scenes, insight from article, etc.)
Questions that lead to discussion, rather than simply a yes or no answer (i.e. How? Why?)
a. Remember, you will appreciate this when it is your turn to lead the discussion?
- What do you want to know more about? What do you want to hear your classmate’s opinions on?
- Compare to what you have learned in other courses or current events (news)
- Focus on the scholarship
- A part of the film that you found confusing and why
- Personal insights (This reminds me of)(I thought that)
- Provide analysis
- Feel free to get creative! You could comment something such as, “If I were to recreate this film” or “If I had written this film…”
- This film/article taught me…
- How could this film be used to…?
- This film does not accurately portray
- The film’s use of x… (lighting, dialogue, etc.)
- The author of X article might state that…
- Based on the film, people may assume that… (can be positive or negative)
- The people/events portrayed in the film…
- Comparison to other films we have watched
- Critique: you do NOT have to like the film or agree with its point of view! We will always talk about both the positives and negatives
- Interpretation with context
- I do not think this film portrayed X event well because…
- The author of X article accurately analyzed the film…
- The author of X article DID NOT accurately analyze the film…
- This film does a good job of explain X topic/politician/branch of government.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.