Review the case study and then answer the questions that follow.
Today you are meeting with Miriam Rosen (she, her, hers), a 16-year-old girl, and her parents, Joel and Sarah. Miriam is 5′ 6″ and 97 pounds. She is well-dressed and well-groomed, but her hair is thinning; she is skinny (somewhat gaunt); and she has poor dentation. Meet Miriam and her parents (5:39 minutes) (Links to an external site.) (Miriam transcript (Links to an external site.)).
From your perspective as Miriam’s psychiatric nurse practitioner, answer the following questions in a two- to three-page double-spaced paper (not including the reference page) in APA format. Include at least two peer-reviewed, evidence-based references (not including your textbooks).
- Identify what interview questions you would have used to determine the underlying eating disorder, self-mutilation, and rape.
- Using the interpersonal therapy model, identify three specific goals for Miriam’s treatment, and in which phase each goal should be accomplished.
- Sarah, Miriam’s mother, asks why you are choosing interpersonal therapy and how it will be beneficial for Miriam. How do you respond? Compare and contrast it with humanistic-existential or solution-focused psychotherapy.
- What are the legal and ethical implications for you relative to a patient reporting a sexual assault? What is the best way for you to proceed? Reference your state of practice’s laws.
What to Submit
Your Microsoft Word document
If you copy and paste references from the course into your assignment, be sure to confirm APA formatting before submitting.
- After submitting your assignment, select Submission Details to view your similarity score.
- Your similarity score will appear as a percentage next to your submitted file.
- It may take up to 24 hours for your similarity score to appear.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.