The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the roles and competencies of the advanced practice nurse (APN).
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (CO1)
- Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings. (CO4)
Assignment should be submitted to the Week 2 Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing dropbox by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MST at the end of Week 2. When the assignment is placed in the dropbox, it will automatically be submitted to Turnitin. You may submit the assignment one additional time before the due date to lower the Turnitin score. If you choose to resubmit, the second submission will be considered final and subject to grading. Once the due date for the assignment passes, you may not resubmit to lower a Turnitin score.
This assignment will follow the late assignment policy specified in the course syllabus.
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment.
In the event of a situation that prevents timely submission of an assignment, students may petition their instructor for a waiver of the late submission grade reduction. The instructor will review the student’s rationale for the request and make a determination based on the merits of the student’s appeal. Consideration of the student’s total course performance to date will be a contributing factor in the determination. Students should continue to attend class, actively participate, and complete other assignments while the appeal is pending.
Total Points Possible: 150
- A Week 2 Paper Template Links to an external site. [Attached] to be used for your assignment is required for this assignment.
- The Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice paper is worth 150 points and will be graded on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use the APA Academic Writer and Grammarly tools when creating your assignment.
- Follow the directions below and the grading criteria located in the rubric closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
- The length of the paper should be 5 pages, excluding title page and reference page(s).
- Support ideas with a minimum of 4 scholarly resources. Scholarly resources do not include your textbook. You may need to use more than 4 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas.
- You may use first person voice when describing your rationale for choosing the CNP role and your plans for clinical practice.
- Current APA format is required with both a title page and reference page(s). Use the following as Level 1 headings to denote the sections of your paper (Level 1 headings use upper- and lower-case letters and are bold and centered):
- Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing (This is the paper introduction. In APA format, a restatement of the paper title, centered and bolded serves as the heading of the introduction section)
- Four APN Roles
- Rationale for Choosing CNP Role
- Plans for Clinical Practice
- Role Transition
- Introduction: Provide an overview of what will be covered in the paper. Introduction should include general statements on advanced practice nursing roles, general statements on the role transition from RN to APN, and identification of the purpose of the paper.
- Four APN Roles: Describe the role, educational preparation, and work environment for the four APN roles (CNP, CNS, CRNA & CNM). Provide support from at least one scholarly source.
- Rationale for Choosing CNP Role: Describe your rationale for choosing the CNP advanced practice role versus one of the other roles.
- Plans for Clinical Practice: Discuss your plans for clinical practice after graduation. Explain how your understanding of NP practice has changed after researching the four ANP roles.
- Role Transition: Discuss your transition from the RN role to the NP role. Describe two factors that may impact your transition. Discuss two strategies you will use to support a successful transition from the RN to your NP role. Provide reference support from at least one scholarly source. The textbook is not a scholarly source.
- Conclusion: Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what you discussed in the paper.
|Introduction||12||8%||Provides an overview of what will be covered in the paper. Introduction should include: general statements on advanced practice nursing roles general statements on the role transition from RN to APN identification of the purpose of the paper.|
|Four APN Roles||40||27%||Describes the role, educational preparation, and work environment for the four APN roles CNP CNS CRNA CNM Provides support from at least one scholarly source.|
|Rationale for Choosing CNP Role||15||10%||Describes the student’s rationale for choosing the CNP advanced practice role versus one of the other roles.|
|Plans for Clinical Practice||15||10%||Discusses the student’s plans for clinical practice after graduation. Explains how student’s understanding of NP practice has changed after researching ANP roles.|
|Role Transition||40||27%||Discusses the student’s transition from the RN role to the NP role. Describes two factors that may impact the transition. Discusses two strategies student will use to support a successful transition from the RN to your NP role. Provides reference support from at least one scholarly source. The textbook is not a scholarly source.|
|Conclusion||12||8%||Provides a conclusion, including a brief summary of what was discussed in the paper.|
|134||90%||Total CONTENT Points= 134 points|
|APA Formatting||8||5%||Formatting follows APA Manual (current edition) guidelines for title page body of paper (including citations and headings) reference page|
|Writing Mechanics||8||5%||Writing mechanics Follow the rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, and other aspects of formal written work as found in the current edition of the APA manual. The length of the paper is at least 3 pages but no more than 6 pages.|
|16||10%||Total FORMAT Points= 16 points|
|150||90%||ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=150 points|
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.