For this assessment, you will conclude the clinical learning activity you began in Assessment 1.
You will resume the role of a community nurse tasked with addressing the specific health concern in your community. This time, you will present, via educational outreach, the hypothetical health promotion plan you developed in Assessment 1 to your fictitious audience. In this hypothetical scenario, you will simulate the presentation as though it would be live and face-to-face. You must determine an effective teaching strategy, communicate the plan with professionalism and cultural sensitivity, evaluate the objectives of the plan, revise the plan as applicable, and propose improvement for future educational sessions. To engage your audience, you decide to develop a PowerPoint presentation with voice-over and speaker notes to communicate your plan.
Remember that your first assessment (Assessment 1) MUST be satisfactorily completed to initiate this assessment (Assessment 4).
Please review the assessment scoring guide for more information.
Complete the following:
- Prepare a 10–12 slide PowerPoint presentation with a voice-over and detailed speaker notes that reflects your hypothetical presentation. This presentation is the implementation of the plan you created in Assessment 1. The speaker notes should be well organized. Be sure to include a transcript of the voice-over (please refer to the PowerPoint tutorial). The transcript can be submitted on a separate Word document.
- Simulate the hypothetical face-to-face educational session addressing the health concern and health goals of your selected community individual or group.
- Imagine collaborating with the hypothetical participant(s) in setting goals for the session, evaluating session outcomes, and suggesting possible revisions to improve future sessions.
As you begin to prepare this assessment, you are encouraged to complete the Vila Health: Conducting an Effective Educational Session activity. The information gained from completing this activity will help you succeed with the assessment as you consider key issues in conducting an effective educational session for a selected audience. Completing activities is also a way to demonstrate engagement.
PRESENTATION FORMAT AND LENGTH
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint (preferred) or other suitable presentation software to create your presentation. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
The number of content slides in your presentation is dictated by nature and scope of your health promotion plan. Be sure to include title and references slides per the following:
- Title slide:
- Health promotion plan title.
- Your name.
- Course number and title.
- References (at the end of your presentation).
- Be sure to apply correct APA formatting to your references.
- PowerPoint Presentations Library Guide.
- This library guide provides links to PowerPoint and other presentation software
- tips and links, and is itself a PowerPoint template that can be used to create a presentation.
Support your plan with at least three professional or scholarly references, published within the last 5 years, which may include peer-reviewed articles, course study resources, and Healthy People 2030 resources.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.