Choose a mental illness you are interested in. Follow the illness through the life course and answer the following questions:
- Describe the mental illness you have chosen.
- Describe the onset, course, and outcome of the illness.
- Describe physical illnesses that have been shown to accompany this mental illness.
- List some indicators (dimensions) that have been linked to the mental illness.
- Identify some risk factors and social determinants of the mental illness.
- Describe how this illness is being treated in the U.S. behavioral health systems. List any barriers to obtaining mental health treatment.
- Explain whether this illness can be prevented. If so, discuss some methods of prevention.
- Define mental health promotion. Identify a promotion strategy you would implement for this illness.
- Identify some cultural differences found globally for this illness. Describe differences in the symptoms and aspects of the illness compared to the United States.
- Write a conclusion that sums up all of these statements, and the future direction of addressing this mental illness.
The paper should have at least three peer-reviewed articles to provide evidence for the information in the paper. The paper should be four to six pages in length, with a title page and reference list. An abstract is not needed. Use APA style.
Develop a two- to three-page case study of a person with major depressive disorder. Include comorbid physical illnesses. Present some opportunities for health outcome improvement of these illnesses through the promotion of positive mental health
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.