While working in groups of two research and write a report on one emerging imaging technology and give a short 10-15 presentation to the class. You may look at emerging technologies in any modality including: CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Mineral Bone Density, Mammography or Ultrasound. Your topic can be focused on brand new equipment, a new protocol used for a specific scan, or even new hybrid technologies (think PET scans for example). While researching your topic remember to include the following points in your report:
- What? What is your topic? Include how it differs from technology already in use.
- Why? The main benefit? Mention specific patient demographics or what gap existed in imaging to warrant the development of the new technology.
- How? Include information about the technology with an explanation on how or why it works.
- Where? Which lab/company/country? Is there anything similar happening in another country? How is your technology similar and how does it differ?
- Images? If possible include these in your presentation with a brief historic look at how that particular area of the body (or pathologic condition) was previously imaged.
This assignment is worth 15% of your final grade. Written report 10% and presentation 5%. All presentations will be on the same day during class time. Written report and PowerPoint presentation will be submitted on Blackboard. If suggestions are needed for a topic, I have a few ideas.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.