Book: Miller, R. L. (2015). Cengage Advantage Books: Fundamentals of Business Law Today: Summarized Cases (10th ed.). Cengage Learning US. https://purdueuniversityglobal.vitalsource.com/books/9781305482470
- Chapter 11: “Defenses to Contract Encourceability”
- Chapter 12: “Third Party Rights and Discharge”
- Chapter 13: “Breach and Remedies”
Analyze the remedies for breach of contract.
Ahmed Abadi previously worked at eHarbour as a software engineer. Two months after signing a confidentiality agreement and non-competition agreement, Ahmed Abadi tendered his resignation effectively immediately. Daniel Hudson has now learned that Ahmed Abadi is now working for a competing boat navigation software company. After an investigation, Daniel has also learned that Ahmed Abadi sent a number of emails with attachments from his company email address to his personal email address and that a company laptop with confidentiality information is now missing.
In this scenario, you are working as a paralegal or legal assistant for eHarbour and your immediate supervisor is Daniel Huston, the general counsel of eHarbour. Your supervising attorney has asked you to draft a cease-and-desist letter from Daniel Hudson to Ahmed Abadi. In the cease-and-desist letter you should allege misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of the confidentiality agreement, and breach of the non-competition agreement with a demand for return of the eHarbour company laptop. In the letter, discuss the potential remedies that eHarbour could obtain in a legal action against the former employee. Use business letter format for the cease-and-cease letter.
Use the business letter template attached.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.