Instructions: Using chapter 2 of the book, Art and Illusion: A Study in the Psychology of Pictorial Representation by E. H. Gombrich, attached to files.
Write a 2-page paper on what prevented the artist from making a more accurate depiction of the lion; what stood in the way of preventing the artist from accurately portraying the animal? Where we lack a sufficient schema to render what we see/represent, we substitute preconceived formulas. How do stereotype, formula or convention differ from personal experience? Provide examples. Can one evade altogether the question of “style”?
• Arial 12pt font
• No title needed
• Two full pages minimum (references/sources & titles do not count)
• Must be done in Microsoft word
• 1” margins on all sides
• Double spaced (no gaps between paragraphs)
• References should be outside of the two pages
• Paper should start with introduction of general summation of information
• Then followed by examples that supports this and a conclusion.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.