Select an article on mental illness prevention from a peer-reviewed journal source dating from 2010 to the present. You may use one of the articles offered in the Module Resources section or another article of interest to you. Answer the following questions:
- Does the author provide a sound rationale for prevention?
- Is there a method offered?
- Do you agree with the method suggested? Why or why not?
- Are there any ethical challenges to the proposed prevention approach?
- How does public health fit into the discussion?
- How is the life course of mental illness affected by the proposed prevention approach?
Mental health services are an important and specialized area that is experiencing a serious problem in the U.S. health care system. A major problem in gaining support for the care and treatment of people with mental illness is that the diagnosis, treatment, and cure are not as precise, certain, and assured as other types of illness. Treatment of mental illness consists of helping patients live with their condition and cannot promise a cure.
A number of different professionals provide mental health services in a variety of settings. In this module, you studied the role of mental health service providers and how they interact with mental health patients.
Select a mental health profession that you would like to research. In a 2 page paper, written in APA format, address the following:
- Explain the educational requirements.
- Explain the job duties.
- Explain the setting in which they are most commonly found.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.