To receive credit you must complete the competency assessment. You may contact your professor if you have any questions.
This competency assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific Outcome(s) that are the focus of this module. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the Outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this module prior to attempting the CA. You may attempt the CA multiple times within the term. However, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit. Refer to your Syllabus for additional information regarding the number of attempts permitted.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Rubric to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, be sure to follow the guidelines and deadlines for submission in your Syllabus.
Please refer to your Syllabus for additional competency assessment requirements.
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
CS212M4-4: Apply logical reasoning to address issues in professionalism.
GEL-7.02: Apply ethical reasoning to ethical issues within your field of study.
Professional Code of Ethics Analysis
You will be writing a paper that identifies, summarizes, and applies a published code of ethics for your profession. The paper will include 2-3 pages of content, a title page and reference page, for a paper that is 4- to 5-pages in total length.
- Using the internet and PG Library, locate an industry organization’s code of ethics. For example, the American Marketing Association, American Psychological Association, and the American Medical Association all have extensive codes of ethics. An excellent source is the Ethics Code Collection.
- Once you have located and examined the code, summarize the main points of the code.
- Provide an example of an ethical decision or issue that may arise in your profession.
- Explain how the code of ethics could be used to provide guidance regarding the decision or issue.
- Conclude your paper with an explanation regarding the importance and benefits of codes of ethics.
The paper should consist of an introduction, body (points below), and a conclusion.
- Identify your profession, and a professional code of ethics for your profession.
- Summarize at least three main points of the code, and how they apply to your career.
- Explain the benefits of a code of ethics with two specific examples
- Discusses how the chosen code of ethics can guide logical decision-making and provides two specific examples.
- Demonstrate how the code of ethics can be applied to a specific ethical issue that could arise in your profession.
- Demonstrate consistency of your clearly established viewpoint throughout the paper with a clear logical flow as you apply ethical reasoning.
- Make sure your writing is original and insightful.
- Two in-text citations and references used as support for ideas presented (one must be the code of ethics).
- Paper must be 4–5 pages in length, double spaced, in correct APA format using Times New Roman or Arial font size 12. (This includes the title and reference page)
- Paper must adhere to Standard English with correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Put your assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that will help your instructor identify the assignment, the course, and you, the student. Submit your document to the Module 4 Assignment Dropbox.
For help with APA formatting and writing, visit Academic Writer and Academic Success Center links located in Academic Tools.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- This assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 4 pages), in addition to the title and reference pages).
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page
- 1-2 pages of content
- include a reference page
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.