(use the textbook to look up answers)
- The LPN is assisting a patient prepare for an eye exam. Which of the following eye drops will be used to help allow visualization of the retina?
|a.||Apraclonidine HCl (lopidine)|
|c.||Atropine (Atropine Ophthalmic)|
- While reviewing patients scheduled at the optometrist’s office, the LPN determines which of the following individuals is most likely to take medications for the treatment of glaucoma?
|a.||A 32-year-old patient with a history of asthma and astigmatism|
|b.||A 74-year-old patient with a history of hypertension and diabetes|
|c.||A 61-year-old patient with a history of gout and a hiatal hernia|
|d.||A 49-year-old patient with a history of breast cancer and anemia|
- During the care of a patient with pink eye, the LPN prepares to provide gentamicin ophthalmic (Garamycin) eye drops. Which of the statements by the LPN is best?
|a.||“This may burn just a bit when I administer the drops.”|
|b.||“This medication will numb your eyes for about fifteen minutes.”|
|c.||“Your eyes will be very sensitive to light for the next four hours.”|
|d.||“You will probably notice that your tears are bright yellow for a while.”|
- An LPN working in an eye, ear, nose, and throat clinic determines that long-term use of which medication should be avoided?
|d.||Prednisolone ophthalmic (Econopred Plus)|
- An LPN working in an outpatient clinic is counseling a patient with cerumen buildup. Which of the following over-the-counter products would be appropriate to assist with this concern?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.