Conduct two observation sessions to observe TWO CHILDREN: one child ages from 6 months to 2.5 years old and one child ages between 3 years old to 5 years old. For the assignment, students will conduct a thorough search on public-accessible video databases (e.g., YouTube, vlogs, Instagram, etc.) to locate infants and/or children in the desired age range. Due to the restrictions on each database, you may need to watch several video clips to write your observation paper (to have your total observation time for each desired age to be close to 30 minutes). Your paper should contain the following information for each video clip you access:
- How old is the child? If you do not know the exact age, what age would you expect this child to be based on their motor skills?
- Describe the gross motor and fine motor skills the child is performing.
- What motor skills does the child perform well and what skills are still emerging?
- Are there any areas of apparent delayed development for the child/ how does this child’s skills compare with his/her peers?
- Any other information you would like to share about this child.
- Provide the link to the video clip(s) and the length of each clip.
(the two children you observe need to be at least one year apart so you can observe their
differences on motor development.)
Your paper should be at least 3 pages but no more than 6 pages, double spaced in 12 point font. Professional writing is expected. This assignment is intended to strengthen your observation skills and to provide you additional exposure to young children and normal development. You are expected to provide detailed information to answer the above questions.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.