Assignment 2: Planning Negotiations
You become the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, and the President of the United States advises you that he doesn’t want the U.S. to sign a new environmental bill. He feels it will harm well developed nations with a strong economic history and only benefit developing, or so-called “Third World,” nations.
Use the Internet to research the U.N. member’s varying viewpoints on the new environmental bill.
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
- Outline a plan that includes three (3) types of negotiation approaches covered in Chapters 1-17 for handling the negotiation that will either create a deadlock, an impasse, or a stalemate.
- Compare the United Nations member’s stances on the new environmental bill.
- Examine at least three (3) common stances of opposing U.N. members in which you would need to provide a rebuttal based on your research. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the skills and behavior needed for effective negotiations.
- Demonstrate the need to plan, organize, direct, and control as an effective negotiator.
- Conduct effective negotiation research.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.