For the final SLP in this course, you will be given a fair degree of latitude to explore some aspects of Organizational Change and Transformation. The SLP for this module requires that you visit the library and choose a chapter from a textbook, or an article from a journal, trade magazine, or newspaper that is of interest to you and is related to some aspect of organizational change and transformation.
You will then choose some portion of the chapter or article, briefly summarize the contents, and then apply the contents to some aspect of your personal life and/or workplace. (Remember that organizational change theory extends beyond organizations and applies to personal changes as well as workplace changes.)
Be creative! Use your imagination and critical thinking skills to consider how change theory applies either to a personal or workplace experience you have had. Importantly, you have the flexibility to choose your topic and its application, so long as you can demonstrate that you are able to effectively apply the theory/concepts you have read.
Visit the library and perform a search of the available sources using one or more of the following keywords:
- Organizational Change
- Organizational Transformation, and/or
- Change Management.
After choosing and reading some aspect of a book chapter or article that is of particular interest to you, respond to the following in a well-written 3- to 4-page paper (excluding Title and References pages) using a minimum of 2 scholarly sources:
- Summarize what you have read from the article or chapter you have selected. Be sure to cite specific concepts that are applicable to the personal or work experience you have selected for this module (one page).
- What did the author say that was particularly relevant and/or of particular significance to the past personal and/or work experience you have selected? Why did you select this particular chapter or article?
- How have the organizational change and transformation concepts you have selected informed your personal or work experience? What new understanding or insights do you have after applying these concepts to your personal or work circumstances?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Your SLP should be 3–4 pages in length (not including Cover and Reference pages).
- Be sure to cite 2 scholarly sources from your search and the required and optional readings list.
- Upload your paper to the SLP 4 Dropbox before the assignment due date.
CBS News. (2017). Meet Bozoma Saint John: The woman tasked with fixing Uber’s image. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/meet-bozoma-saint-john-the-woman-tasked-with-fixing-ubers-image/
Clay, B. (2010). Six Characteristics of HighlyEffective Change Leaders. Retrieved from
Solon, O. (2017). Can Bozoma Saint John repair Uber’s troubled image? Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/28/bozoma-saint-john-troubled-image
Campbell, H. (2014). Managing organizational change: A practical toolkit for leaders. [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Bouchard, C.T., & Koch, J. V. (2014). The caterpillar way: Lessons in leadership, growth, and shareholder value. [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Neilson, G. L., & Pasternack, B. A. (2005). The cat that came back. Strategy+Business. Retrieved from https://www.strategy-business.com/article/05304?gko=56862
Cameron, E., & Green, M. (2012). Making sense of change management: A complete guide to the models, tools and techniques of organizational change (3rd ed.). [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Coleman, S., & Thomas, B. (2017). Chapter 9: Employee communication and engagement during change: Insights from neuroscience. In Organizational change explained: Case studies on transformational change in organizations. [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Hamm, J. (2011). Unusually excellent: The necessary nine skills required for the practice of great leadership. [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Ibis World Database. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Kouzes, J. M., & Posner, B. Z. (2008). The leadership challenge (4th ed.). [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Zenger, J. H., Folkman, J. R., & Edinger, S. K. (2009). The inspiring leader: Unlocking the secrets of how extraordinary leaders motivate. [Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.