Close Reading Essay on an 18th or 19th-Century Text
Write an essay that through close reading addresses one of the following questions:
- In the novella Fantomina, the young woman and Beauplaisir interact with each other differently, depending on the young woman’s disguise. What does the novella suggest about the relationship between class and behavior, class and perception, class and desire, and/or class and identity?
The essay must be between 4 and 5 full pages and include:
- an introductory paragraph with a clear thesis;
- several claims in support of your thesis;
- quotes from Fantomina or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and analyses of those quotes in support of your claims;
- a concluding paragraph.
- Assume that your audience has read Fantomina and Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Do not summarize their plots.
- Do not cite any secondary sources in your analysis of Fantomina or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- You are not required to cite Fantomina or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde according to MLA format or produce a Works Cited page; however, whenever you quote from Fantomina or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, include the number of the page on which the quote appears in parentheses at the end of the sentence, before the period, as discussed in class.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.