Begin the SLP assignment by reading the following high-quality peer-reviewed scholarly articles found in the Trident Online Library:
Dooley, G. (2021). Building a high-performance team right now. Governance Directions, 73(9), 380–382. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Dyer, G., & Dyer, J. (2020). Chapter 2: Context—the foundation of team effectiveness. In Beyond team building: How to build high-performing teams and the culture to support them. John Wiley & Sons. Available in the Trident Online Library. (Skillsoft database)
Review the scenario below and complete your SLP assignment:
Your virtual team has had its second meeting and laid out the requirements for this project, which consist of the following:
- Decide how the instructions will be presented (completed; virtual instructions).
- Capture all stakeholders (completed).
- Capture the purpose (completed: to provide comprehensive training instruction on new software).
- Capture all of the processes.
- Document the process.
- Write a flow diagram.
- Write the process.
- Test the process.
- Modify as needed.
- Final test of process.
- Send to leadership for approval.
- Release training instructions.
Work was parceled out to each individual, and it was agreed to provide status updates at weekly meetings. All members have the same status in the team—there is no team lead.
Management has informed the team that the release date has moved up two months due to updates on the company’s system architecture. You feel that this is a significant event and have requested an ad hoc meeting to discuss the impacts of this change. Your team has also been notified that a seventh team member will be added from a firm in Thailand that your company recently acquired. This team member (a software tester) has a general understanding of the English language and minimal ability to read and write in English. Team Member 5 has voiced concern that meeting times have impacted his work schedule and requested that the team take into consideration the time difference. Team Member 2 has missed the last two meetings and has not responded to any emails sent from the team.
- What collaboration tools would best support your team’s efforts to establish connectedness? (Keep media richness in mind.) Critically evaluate your selection of tools.
- How does your choice of collaboration tools support your efforts to establish connectedness?
- What actions could you suggest for the team to establish task and interpersonal connection? (Be specific and incorporate the concepts for building task and interpersonal connectedness from this module’s materials.)
- What possible barriers could be encountered and how could the team overcome those barriers?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding Title and Reference List pages) with a minimum of two high-quality peer-reviewed scholarly sources found in the Trident Online Library. This paper should include the following:
Title Page: APA formatted and double-spaced to include the following:
- An APA formatted running head and inserted page number
- University Name
- Course Number and Course Name
- Professor Name
- Date Completed (e.g., June 17, 2022).
The paper should have an Introduction, Main Body with Subsections, Conclusions, and a Reference List. Use APA (7th ed.) style for citations and references.
Be sure to take an analytical approach. The assignment is more about “why” and “what you did that resulted in that outcome” than providing mere description.
Your paper will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Assignment-Driven Criteria (Precision and Breadth): Does the paper fully address all assignment expectations? Are the concepts behind the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking (Critical Thinking and Depth): Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing (Clarity and Organization): Is the paper well written (clear, developed logically, and well organized)? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included in all papers? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the Keys to the Assignment, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information (Information Literacy and References): Does the paper demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Do additional sources used in the paper provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate an understanding of APA Style of referencing, by the inclusion of proper end references and in-text citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all end references been included within the body of the paper as in-text citations?
- Timeliness. Was the assignment submitted on time or did student collaborate with professor for an approved extension due date?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.