You have just been placed on a virtual team that must complete a training plan for new software that will be released in 6 months. Your team consists of six individuals from across the company.
Team Member 1 is in the East Coast office and has a background in software development.
Team Member 2 is also in the East Coast office and has a background in computer engineering.
Team Member 3 is in the Midwest office and has a background in Web development.
Team Member 4 is in the Midwest office and has a background in human relations.
Team Member 5 in in the West Coast office and has a background in corporate communications.
You are team Member 6.
The company has devoted a great deal of money and resources to this software, and senior leadership is extremely interested in how the training will roll out. You are a highly experienced virtual team member and have been assigned as team advisor as well as assistant in the training plan development.
Your company has scheduled your first team meeting for tomorrow at 7 a.m. (ET) via telephone and has just asked you for suggestions on how to kick off this first meeting.
- Provide detailed suggestions about how the meeting should be planned and executed. (Include any changes to the meeting that may be required.)
- Provide a detailed list of activities that will be completed at the meeting and why these activities are necessary.
- What work design will be used, and why will this design be beneficial to the team?
- What work design would be least beneficial to the team and why?
- What leadership structure will work best for the team, and why will this be the best selection?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding Title and Reference List pages) with a minimum of 2 high-quality peer-reviewed scholarly sources available in the Trident Online Library. Use the 7th edition of APA formatting for your paper and all its content, including citations and references. Proofread and edit your papers carefully. The expectation is zero errors.
Title Page: APA (7th ed.) formatted and double-spaced to include the following:
- An APA-formatted running head and inserted page number
- University Name
- Course Number and Course Name
- Professor Name
- Date Completed (e.g., June 17, 2022).
An Introduction: To include some background and a purpose statement.
Body of Work: To include the following:
- The leadership structure your team will use and why. (Cite and reference a source to support your decision.)
- The work design your team will use. (Cite and reference a source to support your decision.)
- A critical evaluation of the process your team went through to get organized and make these initial decisions.
A Conclusion that aligns with the purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought.
An APA-formatted and double-spaced Reference List to include at least 2 high-quality peer-reviewed scholarly sources from the Trident Online Library that were used to support your work in the body of your paper.
Your paper will be evaluated using the following 6 criteria:
- Assignment-Driven Criteria (Precision and Breadth): Does the paper fully address all the assignment requirements? Are the concepts behind the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking (Critical Thinking and Depth): Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing (Clarity and Organization): Is the paper well written (clear, developed logically, and well organized)? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included in all papers? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the assignment, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information (Information Literacy and References): Does the paper demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality (library?) sources? Do additional sources used in paper provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate an understanding of APA Style of referencing, by the inclusion of proper end references and in-text citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all end references been included within the body of the paper as in-text citations?
- Timeliness. Was the assignment submitted on time or did student collaborate with professor for an approved extension due date?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.