Purpose: The purpose of submitting a proposal is to (1) encourage you to begin making progress on this assignment, and (2) allow me to give you feedback and guidance on your plans for this assignment before you submit a final version for a grade.
Instructions: Create a proposal for your media analysis paper that addresses each of the questions listed below. You may write this proposal in a narrative format or as an outline, or both (i.e., an outline using narrative summaries/explanations).
Story Selection and Media Type
- What type of media do you plan to analyze? You may choose from movies, books, television shows, documentaries, etc. The main requirement is that it portrays a family or intimate partner relationship which you can analyze.
- What story will you use as the source of your analysis (i.e., what is the title)? Why does this seem like a good fit for the assignment?
Theories and Accompanying Assumptions and Concepts for Analysis
- What two theories from this class seem like they could work well to analyze the story you have identified? Please select from the 10 theories we cover in the class, and from our book, “Exploring Family Theories” 5th edition, by Suzanne R. Smith; Raeann R. Hamon. These theories include: Symbolic Interactionism, Family Stress Theory, Family Development Theory, Family Systems Theory, Human Ecological Theory, Conflict Theory, Social Exchange Theory, Feminist Family Theory, Biosocial Theory, and Attachment Theory.
- Theory 1: What three assumptions or concepts from this theory could you use to analyze the relationships and interactions from the story you have chosen?
- Theory 2: What three assumptions or concepts from this theory could you use to analyze the relationships and interactions from the story you have chosen?
OK, so what am I turning in? You are turning in a 1 page (single-spaced) outline or summary addressing each of the questions listed above.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.