As we continue with the systems development process for the new SIM system at Appliance Warehouse© (AW), it is important to consider managing the systems implantation as well as support and security.
Our lead developer was recently certified in Scrum, one of the agile methodologies, and would like to try to manage this project using scrum. In order for her to do this, she needs you to rewrite the requirements list you previously created as user stories. Just to remind you, a user story looks like this:
As a < type of user >, I want < feature > so that I can < functionality >.
For example: As a taxi driver, I want directions so that I can quickly get to my next customer.
Please rewrite all of your requirements as user stories and I will pass it on to our development team.
As we near the end of the development stage for SIM, address the following implementation questions: How do you plan on rolling out the new SIM system? Which technique did you decide to use (i.e., direct cutover, parallel operation, pilot operation, or phased operation)? Why do you think this the best technique? Please explain the rationale for your choices.
Also, a training plan should be developed to address the questions: Who are you planning to train and what functionality are you planning to teach the different classes of users?
As you well know, maintenance on any system is essential to fix mistakes, add enhancements, or maintain security. We are hoping that this system will last for the next 5 years. We will have to assume responsibility for maintenance if we build this system in-house. What are you thinking for SIM’s ongoing maintenance plan? Discuss your thoughts within the context of the types of maintenance: corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive. Do you think we should hire enough IT staff to maintain this system in-house or should we outsource it? To help the company think this decision through, please make two lists for pros and cons of in-house maintenance vs. outsourced maintenance.
Our system administrator was asking about the security for SIM. A risk assessment needs to be conducted to look at all types of security issues: physical, network, application, file, user, and procedural. Make a list of the security risks for all six security levels. We need to make sure that we don’t leave our new system vulnerable to attacks.
Also, what is the backup method to be used for SIM? Please explain why you’ve chosen this method.
Module 11 (Chapter 11 – Managing Systems Implementation)
• Write User Stories for all requirements (i.e., must-haves system functionality from
CSA 04). See section 11.5.2 User Stories on page 369 in Chapter 11 of the textbook.
• Develop an Implementation Plan indicating the technique(s) chosen (i.e., direct cutover, parallel operation, pilot operation, or phased operation), why you think this is the best technique(s) and explain the rational for your choice(s). See section 11.9.2 System Changeover on pages 379-382 in Chapter 11 of the textbook.
• Develop a Training plan, addressing the questions: who are you planning to train and what functionality are you planning to teach the different classes of users? See section
11.9.4 Training on pages 383-387 in Chapter 11 of the textbook.
Module 12 (Chapter 12 – Managing Systems Support and Security)
• Develop a Maintenance Plan for the SIM project. Discuss your thoughts on the ongoing maintenance of the SIM system in the context of types of maintenance: corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive. Also discuss whether you think we should hire enough IT staff to maintain this system in-house or should we outsource it. Include two lists for pros and cons of in-house maintenance vs. outsourced maintenance. See section
12.2.1 Types of Maintenance on pages 404-407 in Chapter 12 of the textbook.
• Conduct a Risk Assessment addressing all types of security issues: physical, network, application, file, user, and procedural. Make a list of the security risks for all six security levels. See section 12.5 System Security on pages 419-423 and section 12.6 Security Levels on pages 423-343 in Chapter 12 of the textbook.
• Develop a Backup Method to be used for SIM. Explain why you’ve chosen this method. See section 12.7 Backup and Recovery on pages 435-437 in Chapter 12 of the textbook.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.