Amanda Li, a Singaporean, is Executive Director of a local manufacturing company and sits on the Food and Nutritional Company’s Board of Directors as a non-executive director.
WEALTH PROTECTION -TAX PLANNING
Amanda Li received the following in the 2016:
1. At the Food and Nutritional Company’s annual general meeting on 30 August 2016, it was announced that Amanda would be entitled to director’s fees of S$100,000 for her services to the company for the financial year ended August 2016. This amount will be paid to Amanda on 1st September 2017.
2. Amanda is also a successful runway model. In May 2016, she was offered a modelling assignment in Hong Kong. She was paid S$85,000 for her efforts and she used the entire sum to buy a beautiful diamond bracelet in Hong Kong. Upon completing her assignment, she returned to Singapore with the diamond bracelet.
3. She conducted lectures for a private institution in Singapore for the period March to September 2016. All amounts earned by her were directly deposited into Standard Chartered Bank, London, which is used by her 3rd sister who is studying in London. The lecturing income amounts to S$45,000.
4. She won S$150,000 in a Big Sweep draw during the year 2016.
5. She wrote a book for which she received Royalty income in 2016. The following breakdown is as follows:
6. Amanda Li has 2 properties in her name which have been rented out in 2016. Property 2 was vacant for 3 months. The details of the properties are as follows:
7. Amanda Li was given an Option to purchase 100,000 shares at S$2.30 each at her local manufacturing company under the Staff Share Option Scheme. She exercised the option and later sold the shares. The details of the share prices and the relevant dates are given below:
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.