When focusing on listening and speaking skills, it is essential to make a connection to interpersonal communication skills that will be used throughout the students’ educational and professional future. Through hearing how others use language, and using it themselves, students work together, describe their surroundings, and make sense of their own and each other’s experiences. Integrating listening and speaking skills with reading and writing instruction reemphasizes the importance of language and literacy in everyday life.
For this assignment, use the “COE Lesson Plan Template” to create a lesson plan for the students in the “Class Profile” that focuses on listening and speaking, and is based on the literature you previously selected.
Include the following in your lesson:
* Objectives aligned to state or national grade appropriate listening and speaking standards
* Content-specific vocabulary development
* Engaging instructional strategies and activities in listening and speaking
* Assessment aligned to learning objectives that is engaging for students and provides meaningful feedback
* Differentiation to meet learning differences or needs
In a 250 word reflection, rationalize your instructional choices, citing how the listening and speaking activities chosen build upon the previously taught English language arts skills. Justify why the listening and speaking strategies implemented are essential.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.