Chapter 3 of Principles of Healthcare Leadership (attached) discusses four necessary leadership skills. For your Module 1 Case assignment, review these four necessary leadership skills and conduct additional research. In a 3- to 4-page paper, complete the following:
- Explain the difference between leadership and management. Provide an example for each.
- Identify and explain each leadership skill in detail.
- Rationalize the importance of a health care leader possessing each of these skills.
- Identify the importance of cultural diversity in leadership and discuss two ways (actionable items) a leader could promote diversity in the workplace. Discuss the difference in internal and external diversity and provide an example of each, and how they influence the organization.
- In conjunction with the four identified skills, identify and explain 2 or 3 additional skills health care leaders should possess.
Rotenstein, L. S., Reede, J. Y., & Jena, A. B. (2021). Addressing workforce diversity- A quality-improvement framework. The New England Journal of Medicine, 384(12), 1083-1086. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp2032224
Healey, B. J. (2018). Chapter 3: Leadership theory. In Principles of healthcare leadership. [Books24x7 version]. (attached pdf)
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages, not including the title and reference page.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.