As the term implies, international negotiation refers to deal-making and other dispute resolution activities that occur between members of different nations. Such negotiations might develop about land rights, business opportunities, military treaties or any number of possible issues of interest to both parties. For our opening discussion in the course, we are going to evaluate international negotiations by comparing them to domestic negotiations and by assessing some of the fundamental concepts important to international engagement.
For the first paragraph of your posting, describe the basic process of negotiation, evaluating how the process might be different (or not different) when comparing domestic with international negotiations. Include some analysis of whether domestic negotiations can help us in any way with becoming better international negotiators.
For the second paragraph of your post, select any one of the following bullet points and address all elements of your chosen bullet point. Select a different bullet point section than what your classmates have already posted so that we can engage several discussions on relevant topics. If all the bullet points have been addressed, then you may begin to re-use the bullet points with the expectation that varied responses continue.
- Evaluate ways that conflict might emerge in a multi-cultural negotiation. Analyze a possible strategy for resolving conflict in multi-cultural negotiations.
- Evaluate how elements or styles of conflict might differ globally. Analyze how an international negotiator might leverage familiarity with conflict styles for advantage in negotiations.
- Evaluate social motivation as it pertains to international negotiation. Analyze the impact of social motivation on choices between distributive and integrative negotiation strategies.
- Evaluate the importance of culture, values, and beliefs to the international negotiation process. Analyze how some specific examples of cultural assumptions might impact international negotiations
- Evaluate how norms pertaining to directness of communication vary across cultures. Assess the influence of such norms on the international negotiation process.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
Your posting should be the equivalent of 1 to 2 single-spaced pages (500-1000 words) in length.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.