This assignment will focus on developing a health policy analysis presentation that includes a problem statement, background, landscape, options and recommendations from the week’s readings. The health policy analysis presentation is based upon an identified healthcare issue in one’s local community.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Employ strategies to impact the development, implementation, and consequences of holistic healthcare policies using evidence-based practice principles (CO1)
- Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APRN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political factors (CO2)
- Analyze social, historical, ethical and political contexts of healthcare policies and advanced practice leadership (CO4)
- Advocate for institutional, local, national and international policies that fosters person-centered healthcare and nursing practice (CO5)
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assignments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Click to view:
- Research healthcare issues that have been identified in your local community. Develop a power point presentation with speaker notes. You will then use the power point during your Kaltura recording. Structure a health policy analysis presentation that addresses the following topics particular to your health problem.
- Problem Statement
- Next, record your Kaltura presentation showing your power point and yourself speaking. Upload your Kaltura presentation into the week 4 assignment. How to use Kaltura resources are in Home/Resources/Technology Resources.
Posting your recording:
- Go to the week four assignment tab and hit Submit Assignment
- Use the Text Entry Tab. You will have the option of selecting the Kaltura icon
- It will take you to your My Media Gallery and upload it from there.
|Structure a health policy analysis presentation that addresses the following topics particular to your health problem. Problem StatementBackgroundLandscapeOptionsRecommendations||150||Research healthcare issues that are present in one’s local community. Develop a ppt. offline that addresses the topics according to the criterion listed.|
|150||Total CONTENT Points= 150 pts|
|Kaltura recording||50||Uses Kaltura to record the presentation.|
|Total FORMAT Points= 5 pts|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL= +  points|
NR506NP_WK 4 Health Policy Analysis_SEPT19
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Health Problem Presentation Structure a health policy analysis presentation that addresses the following topics particular to your health problem. • Problem Statement • Background • Landscape • Options • Recommendations||150 pts Excellent The recorded presentation includes the following required components: • Problem Statement • Background • Landscape • Options • Recommendations • More than one evidence-based strategy is discussed regarding health policy analysis. Accurately and specifically addresses each component. 135 pts V. Good The recorded presentation is missing one required component and some topics are addressed in a general manner without specific examples. 125 pts Satisfactory The recorded presentation is missing two required components and has limited perspective, insights and/or applicability to topic. 75 pts Needs Improvement The recorded presentation is missing three or more required components and has limited perspectives, insights and/or applicability to the topic. 0 pts Unsatisfactory No presentation is posted||150 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Kaltura Recording||50 pts Excellent Required Components 1.The recorded presentation has clear audio/video. 2.Student professionally dressed. 3.The content flows in a logical, smooth manner. 4.Verbal pauses are limited or absent. 5.Transitions are used between topics. 6.Slides are clear and easy to read. 7.Student makes good eye contact and speaks in a clear cadence and speed. 8.Speaker notes are not included on the slide presentation but are used as a guide as students present. 45 pts V. Good The recorded presentation is lacking two components. 41 pts Satisfactory The recorded presentation is lacking three to four components. 25 pts Needs Improvement The presentation presents findings are unclear to follow and are not relevant to topics and concepts and are difficult to follow. Missing greater that five components. 0 pts Unsatisfactory No presentation is posted||50 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Late penalty deductions Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment.||0 pts Manual Deductions 0 pts Manual Deductions||0 pts|
|Total Points: 200|
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.