This Assignment will serve as a course level assessment for Course Outcome 2 & 4:
-2: Apply ethically sound solutions to complex issues related to individuals, populations and systems of care at regional, national and global levels.
-4: Analyze health policy proposals, health policies, and related issues from the perspective of consumers, nursing, other health professions, and other stakeholders in policy and public forums.
In this Assignment, you will assume the role of policy analyst for the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization or a Global Healthcare Organization of your choice. Select a health or nursing policy issue that supports global health. Using the Policy Issue Analysis Worksheet, you will prepare an analysis of the policy issue and approach the topic as an unbiased analyst reflecting upon the policy from a regional, national and global focus. Based upon your analysis of the issue, you will make 2–3 action recommendations to enhance current healthcare delivery from a global focus. A minimum of six scholarly sources must be included.
- State the agency you are using.
- Issue: Introduce an issue that relates to global health.
- What makes this issue require a legislative solution (as opposed to an individual or private sector-solution)?
- Context: Address various perspectives of the issue – social, economic, ethical, political, legal, environmental, and cultural.
- Costs: Discuss economic and non-economic costs of the present situation. Discuss access and quality here if applicable.
- Stakeholder Analysis; Identify all stakeholders, what are their positions on the issue? Are there any champions on either side of the dispute? You must identify both supporters and opponents even if you are able to say that no one opposes it. If there are numerous stakeholders, creating a table is wise.
- Identify any health risks addressed by the policy issue. How will the policy impact these risks?
- Specify any policy consequences, both intended and unintended.
- State 2–3 policy options. These should be realistic, highly specific policy recommendations for action regarding the issue. These recommendations must be feasible (e.g., not we must adopt a single payer health care system!).
- Rationale for Policy Recommendations
- Discuss economic and non-economic savings/losses of your recommendations.
- Evidence that proposed solution will make a difference.
- What will happen if the government does not intervene, and the problem goes unaddressed?
- What is anticipated from the opposing stakeholder groups?
- Ease of implementation and a timeline for implementation.
- Enforceability of the recommendations. Consider who would monitor for compliance and the costs of monitoring.
- References annotated with a brief description of any political bias within each reference or source. Step outside your comfort zone and use references that politicians use. You may want to contact stakeholders, call government offices to get unpublished information that will make your analysis shine.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.