News Journal Written Assignment:
News Journals require you to relate current events to the topics covered within POS 2041, American National Government. For your first Journal, choose from one of the articles listed below.
- Welcome Back, Federalism–Dems Begin to Champion State’s Rights
- U.S. Suspends Nuclear Arms Control Treaty With Russia
- Block grants spur economic development partnerships
- What Republicans and Democrats Are Doing In the States Where They Have Total Power
- FDA Chief: Federal Government Might Step In if States Don’t Change Lax Vaccine Laws
- To Pay for Opioid Crisis, Minnesota Raises Fees on Drug Companies
- Kansas, Missouri Governors Activate National Guards, Request Help for Flooding
- Congress Should Take Back Its Authority Over Tariffs
- Opinion: Congress leads the way in rebalancing US foreign policy toward prevention
As you review the articles you will find that some are fairly direct while other reveal the complexity of federal issues. Chose the article that you are most comfortable with and then fully address each of the following requirements:
- Summary – Summarize in paragraph form the facts and issues presented in the article. Document the source of your information with a parenthetical reference, i.e. (Sanger and Broad 2019, para. 4).
- Application – Apply three or more concepts from the assigned chapter to the main ideas in the news article. Specifically explain how the material in your textbook is illustrated in the article you are examining. This can be accomplished by using examples from the article and terms or concepts found in the textbook. You must clearly define the concepts and provide in-text citations in the APA format, including the page numbers, i.e. (Krutz 2019, p. 15) for our textbook.
- Analysis – Conclude with an analysis and reflection of the issue that includes reasoning related to concepts within POS 2041 an analysis of the article perspective. Does the article present the issue in a way that influences as well as informs. Lastly, include your own observations of the issue, the actions of those involved or an anticipated outcome related to your understanding of the concepts covered within the course.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.