Watch the video, Genderlect Theory by Deborah Tannen . In addition, read Genderlect from Changing Minds and chapters from The Interpersonal Communication Book that might be beneficial.
Initial Post: Prepare a 300-word minimum reply that sufficiently addresses each of the items below. Don’t forget that it is critical to cite your sources of information, including the textbook, using APA formatting.
- Describe the concept of “Genderlect” and describe the impact of gender on communication.
- Provide examples of various communication methods (e.g., verbal, non-verbal, message types, etc.) that are evident in the video clip, and describe how they differ between males and females.
- What are some effective ways of communicating when differences in conversational patterns are present?
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you provide an overview of the family systems approach.
Include the following:
- Review the contributions of at least 3 major theorists to the field of family systems therapy.
- Contrast the assumptions of individual psychology and family systems theory.
- Provide a traditional definition of family and a current definition of family.
- Compare how each definition addresses each of the following family situations: marriage, divorce, and blended families.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.