Within the last year, ECRH contracted with Faith & Main to study the market perception of their women’s services. The following is a summation of the findings of Faith & Main.
Interest in a Women’s Center Crosses County Lines
• 36% of women in the service area would travel across county lines to receive excellent women’s health services
• 72% of women in Chestnut County would consider using the women’s services of East Chestnut Regional Medical Center
• Women in all counties were most interested in these services:
o Breast care
o General gynecology services
o Female doctors
o Services in one area
o Physicals for women
Interest in a Heart Care and a Health Information Line
• A physician approved source of information.
• A nurse help line that could be a resource for women’s care in heart health as well be a source for health navigation.
Clear Expectations Regarding Getting Appointments with Their Primary Care Physician
• Women expect same-day appointments
o In the collar counties to Chestnut County, women ranked this in the top 28.7%
o Chestnut County women ranked this in the top 37.7%
o Expectation of same-day appointments ranked highest for women of childbearing age
• Percent expecting same-day appointments
o 42.9 % of Chestnut County women of childbearing age
o 31.3% of collar county women of childbearing age
• Willingness to be Seen by a Nurse Practitioner Overwhelmingly “Yes”
o 75.7% of Chestnut County women of childbearing age
o 76.1% of collar county women of childbearing age
Respondents Expressed How Health Care Could Be Improved
• 24% of all Chestnut County women, and 26% of all collar county women named adding more primary care doctors and more children’s care with urgent care outranking any other single topic.
Respondents of Childbearing Age Widely Represented in Study:
• 86% of women respondents of childbearing age in Chestnut County had children under the age of 18
• 76% of women respondents of childbearing age in the collar counties had children under the age of 18
Willingness to be seen by nurse practitioner was viewed as favorable by those in this study.
This data from Faith & Main will be used to ramp up improvements in the women’s services for ECRH.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.