INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH: Follow the format given.
BODY PARAGRAPHS: There is no set number of paragraphs.
● Explain current situation. What are the problems? This may be several paragraphs long. Each paragraph should focus on a different aspect of the issue.
● Explain the trajectory of the issue. Is it getting worse?
● Explain guardrails. Are there any factors that can keep this from getting worse?
● EACH OF THE PARAGRAPHS SHOULD BEGIN WITH A TOPIC SENTENCE INTRODUCING THE TOPIC OF THAT PARAGRAPH AND END WITH ANALYSIS THAT CONNECTS THESE IDEAS TO YOUR THESIS.
Your conclusion should review the points you have made and provide a recommendation for the future.
USING YOUR SOURCES
● Each body paragraph should contain information from at least two sources. Remember, quotes require context and analysis. See the IGEA model.
● Decide when to quote and when to paraphrase. If the wording the author uses is important, quote. Whether you quote or paraphrase, ALL INFORMATION THAT IS NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE OR YOUR OWN ANALYSIS MUST BE CITED. This means BOTH an in-text citation (author’s last name or abbreviated title) AND inclusion on your Works Cited page. If you do not have both of these, you will get no credit for your essay.
● The quotes do not speak for themselves. You need to connect these ideas to your thesis. Make sure to reread your thesis often to make sure you are supporting it adequately.
Word Choice in Academic Writing
● Do not use contractions (isn’t, doesn’t, weren’t, etc.) outside of quotations. To avoid this, search for apostrophes and make sure they are only used to indicate possession or in quotes.
● Do not use first or second person pronouns outside of quotations. These include I, we, us, you, your, and our.
● Do not use informal language (stuff, kids, hang out, etc.).
● Clarity is the most important aspect of writing. The right word is more important than the long word. Do not use words you find in a thesaurus unless you are certain they work in your sentence.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.