Disaster Recovery Plan
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Explain the role of the ethics committee in healthcare issues including disaster planning.
- Evaluate the role of the Health Information administrator in clinical-informatics ethical decision-making before, during, and after a disaster.
- Create a comprehensive informatics disaster plan proposal that includes keeping communications and information flow functional during a disaster.
HI570-3: Design information security practices, including disaster recovery plans for data and service delivery.
Business continuity plans are vital to the long term survival of any company. Developing a plan to address various potential threats to the company will improve the long term viability of the company.
Identify research specifically for risk assessment, risk management and business continuity steps that support data security and confidentiality during a disaster. Identify resources to assist in developing a disaster recovery plan. Create a business continuity plan considering the following possible disasters as a basis for discussion:
- natural disasters;
- terrorist attacks;
- infrastructure failures;
- staff disruption due to illness or work stoppages, which are especially concerning to small and medium-sized businesses with small work forces and specialized workers;
- unintentional or malicious data corruption;
- theft; and
- breaks in the supply chain.
Include an education outline for the public and consumers on privacy, security, access to and maintenance of personal health records (PHRs), requirements and legalities before, during, and a disaster.
The business continuity plan should be 5–7 pages in length and provide details on:
- Introduction of the company with high level details
- Business Continuity Strategy
- Recovery Teams
- Recovery Procedures
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The proposal should be paraphrased with cites and references from scholarly and fact-based publications and without quotations.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.