You are a manager at Tuffin Valley Hospital, and you oversee a team of eight employees. Two of your eight employees, Judy Samtor and Alex Bradley, have each come to you and discussed their interest in obtaining management positions at the hospital. They have specifically asked for your assistance in helping them develop their leadership skills to prepare for this opportunity. You believe both individuals are very talented, but you want to help Judy and Alex determine both their current strengths in leadership, as well as areas in which they need to improve. In addition, based on their skills inventory, you will provide Judy and Alex each with recommendations of development opportunities to improve their leadership as well as strengthen their current skills.
To assist in determining Judy’s and Alex’s strengths and areas of improvement in leadership, you have asked each of the employees to complete an assessment tool. Judy completed the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI) Step II assessment, and Alex completed the DiSC assessment, and they have each provided you with their results. While Judy and Alex received their personality type and style, they do not know how their results impact their healthcare leadership.
You will interpret Judy’s and Alex’s assessment results, and create a leadership development plan for each of the employees. As you create these leadership development plans, you will refer back to the manager job goals for the positions that Judy and Alex are hoping to obtain. You want to ensure that Judy and Alex will be prepared for the positions they hope to achieve as well as become assets to their teams and the overall organization.
You are preparing leadership development plans for Judy and Alex, two of your employees that are aspiring to achieve management positions. The goal of these plans is to help your employees develop their leadership skills and prepare them to successfully lead their teams as well as further the overall mission of Tuffin Valley Hospital of providing quality patient care. To assist you in developing these plans, you have asked Judy and Alex to each complete an assessment. You received their assessment results and will interpret these results to determine the employees’ strengths as leaders, as well as areas to improve their leadership. In addition, you will recommend development opportunities for each of the employees, to develop their leadership.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- Judy’s Leadership Development Plan: Judy completed the MBTI Step II assessment and provided you with her MBTI type. Judy is an INFJ. In her development plan, you will now explain to Judy what information her personality type provides about her strengths as a leader, as well as areas for improvement in her leadership. In addition, you will recommend development opportunities to Judy, to develop her leadership at Tuffin Valley Hospital.
- Explain to Judy which personality preferences of her MBTI type, INFJ, can be used as strengths in her ability to lead a team at Tuffin Valley Hospital, as well as areas in which Judy can improve her leadership. Consider the following:
- How can Judy’s personality preferences be used as strengths in her leadership of a team at Tuffin Valley Hospital? Consider both specific leadership qualities, as well as healthcare leadership competencies.
- How might Judy’s personality preferences present challenges for her in her leadership of a team at Tuffin Valley Hospital? Consider both specific leadership qualities as well as healthcare leadership competencies.
- What are Judy’s strengths and challenges in change management and conflict management, based on her MBTI type?
- Which leadership style will be the most natural for Judy, and which will be the most challenging?
- Recommend specific development opportunities that Judy should pursue to strengthen her current skills, improve areas in which she is weak, and continuously stay informed of healthcare-specific knowledge.
- Alex’s Leadership Development Plan: Alex completed the DiSC assessment and provided you with his DiSC style. Alex is a “D.” In his development plan, you will now explain to Alex what his style of a D tells him about his strengths as a leader, as well as areas for improvement in his leadership. In addition, you will recommend development opportunities to Alex, to develop his leadership at Tuffin Valley Hospital.
- Explain to Alex how the attributes of his DiSC style, D, can be used as strengths in his ability to lead a team at Tuffin Valley Hospital, as well as areas in which Alex can improve his leadership. Consider the following:
- What are some of Alex’s priorities, motivators, and stressors that will enhance his abilities as a leader? Which will be challenges for Alex as a leader?
- Which DiSC styles will Alex interact with more naturally, and which DiSC styles will Alex have a harder time interacting with? Why?
- Which leadership qualities are strengths of Alex’s, and which are areas of improvement? How might these leadership qualities impact Alex’s strengths and areas of improvement in healthcare leadership competencies?
- Which leadership style will be most natural for Alex, and which style will be the most challenging?
- Recommend specific development opportunities that Alex should pursue to strengthen his current skills, improve areas in which he is weak, and continuously stay informed of healthcare-specific knowledge.
What to Submit
Leadership Development Plans
Interpret behavioral and personality assessments to determine strengths and areas of improvement for a leader, as well as recommend development opportunities. Your plans must be a total of 750-1,250 worlds in length and cite any references using the appropriate formatting guidelines.
Sources This document provides a list of the job goals for the leadership positions Judy and Alex are hoping to achieve.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.