Write a 7- to 10-page paper in which you do the following:
- Construct an argument for why diversity and cultural competence are important in MFT training.
- Explain how various cultures and values can change treatment goals for couples.
Use material from the readings, and provide your own thoughts.
Format your paper per APA guidelines.
When citing please use the required reading below it is ok to use outside sources but please be sure to use some of the ones listed below
- Balmer, T. D., Van Asselt, K. W., Walker, C., & Kennedy, B. R. (2012). A phenomenological study of spiritual values in secular-based marriage and family therapists. Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health, 14(4), 242–258.
- Esmiol, E. E., Knudson‐Martin, C., & Delgado, S. (2012). Developing a contextual consciousness: Learning to address gender, societal power, and culture in clinical practice. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 38(4), 573–588.
- Fincham, F. D., & Beach, S. R. (2013). Can religion and spirituality enhance prevention programs for couples? APA Handbook of Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality, 2, 1–42.
- Hall, C. A., & Sandberg, J. G. (2012). “We shall overcome”: A qualitative exploratory study of the experiences of African Americans who overcame barriers to engage in family therapy. The American Journal of Family Therapy, 40(5), 445–458.
- McDowell, T., Goessling, K., & Melendez, T. (2012). Transformative learning through international immersion: Building multicultural competence in family therapy and counseling. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 38(2), 365–379.
- Schomburg, A. M., & Prieto, L. R. (2011). Trainee multicultural case conceptualization ability and couples therapy. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 37(2), 223–235.
- Seponski, D. M., Bermudez, J. M., & Lewis, D. C. (2013). Creating culturally responsive family therapy models and research: Introducing the use of responsive evaluation as a method. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 39(1), 28–42.
- Stratton, P., Reibstein, J., Lask, J., Singh, R., & Asen, E. (2011). Competences and occupational standards for systemic family and couples therapy. Journal of Family Therapy, 33(2), 123–143.
- Wilson, E. E. (2015). Relational spirituality, gender, and power: Applications to couple therapy. In Socio-Emotional Relationship Therapy (pp. 133–144).
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.