The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess an actual case client named L who is presenting certain psychosocial problems (which would be diagnosed using Z codes).
This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
Submit the following 2-part Assignment:
Part A: A 5- to 7-minute PowerPoint (PPT) presentation in which you:
- Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
- Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
- Identify 2–3 of the close differentials that you considered for the case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
- Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
- Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
- Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
- Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
- Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
Provide a written diagnostic summary which:
- Includes the essential diagnostic information presented in your Power Point.
- Is written in the form of case notes to be placed in a client’s file.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.