You have just been promoted to sergeant in the Community Policing Division of the Centervale Police Department. Your first assignment is to examine the criminal behavior in your area and work with local agencies to develop proactive policies to help reduce criminal activity and lower the overall crime rate. Your jurisdiction covers many different areas; you know that a one-size-fits-all approach will not work. You decide to break down your jurisdiction into smaller areas to tackle them individually.
Here’s What You Need To Do . . .
Review the details and prepare a 3–4-page report that discusses the criminal activity in these areas. Compose your paper based on the following points:
- Analyze and evaluate each area. Based on your knowledge of the explanations of crime, identify and discuss key factors (for example, biological, environmental, and cultural) that may influence criminal activity.
- Select and apply the best criminological theory to explain the criminal activity for each area. Identify and discuss each area’s specific characteristics as they relate to the theory’s specific concepts and key terms. Be sure to include each tenet of the theory and explain how it connects to the characteristics of the specific area.
- Support your explanations with research gleaned from assigned readings, optional readings, and additional credible academic sources.
- Create a three-pronged plan to recommend that promotes crime reduction for each specific area to present to the city’s stakeholders. Compose a clear and concise theoretical argument for your plan. Be sure to use the tenets of the selected theory to support each prong of your plan.
In this current events assignment, you will find, read and write a paper
of a police news article. The assignment must be at least 400 words in length (not including information from the
title page or the reference page).
1. You will need to choose a news article from a magazine, newspaper or Internet.
2. Paragraphs should be typed, doubled spaced, 12 font, Times New Roman. The
assignment must be at least two paragraphs in length
3.Read the entire article then summarize what the article is about in YOUR OWN WORDS
a good summary should include WHO did WHAT, WHERE it occurred, WHEN it
happened, and WHY it is important. If you are using someone else’s words, you must
put them in quotes.
4. The second paragraph of the assignment must include how it relates to policing and how
the information was beneficial to you or may be beneficial to someone else.
5. You must attach a link to
the article on your reference page
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.