You will be reading and responding to the Ferreira da Silva’s In the Raw reading attached.
You must include images of the project/s you refer to in your response. Answer the
following prompt with one full page single spaced;
Consider the following statement by Denise Ferreira da Silva about Madiha Sikander’s Majmua, “The matter used in
Majmua raise questions about what happens to the artist’s intention when attending to materials that have become
familiar. We forget that they are both iterations of something that has always existed through the depths of spacetime
and beyond, and always already commodities, as items of trade and products of labor.” Apply Ferreira da Silva’s
concept “in the raw” to a work of architecture. What familiar qualities in the work can you identify? How can seeing
these qualities “in the raw”reveal forms of labor and value that are otherwise muted?
- In addition to your response to the prompt, you must also submit a detailed annotated copy
of the 2 readings; Ferreira da Silva’s In the Raw and Gage’s Intro Designing Social.
You’re annotations should demonstrate your strong engagement with and critical
examination of the text. Not summary style information is should be analytical. Annotate a
little on every page, so in the end u must have 1 full page of single spaced annotations for
each reading. Make connections references and possible questions about something being
said. This should demonstrate a detailed reading of the text which include specific words
and terminologies used by the authors, and close critical analysis of the meanings and
implications of the text.
You will be graded based on the following evaluation criteria:
• Responding clearly to one or more of the study & discussion prompts by referring directly to
concepts addressed in the readings for that week
• Identifying a clear and original position in regard to the topic under consideration that
demonstrates a close engagement with the subject matter
• Raising relevant questions and critical reflections in regard to the topic under consideration.
• Augmenting the readings with notes and research materials including images, performative
argumentation and other media. Demonstrating attention to formats, authorship, dates, and
the situatedness of the materials
• Demonstrating a detailed reading of the text which include specific words and terminologies
used by the authors, and close critical analysis of the meanings and implications of the text.
• Commitment to arguing for the relevance and significance of the topic under consideration
(through agreeing or disagreeing with the author’s position), reflecting on some of the in
class discussions, and articulating your position or orientation in regard to the subject matter
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.