Modern law enforcement operations and strategies are driven by best practices in the areas of data collection and manipulation, addressing special populations, and preventing organized criminal activities. A tremendous amount of specialization has evolved in today’s sphere of policing, especially among federal, state, and local agencies. Perhaps, what is most evident is how the law enforcement agencies of the federal government have retooled to meet today’s challenge of terrorism. Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or library to research credible sources on the aforementioned issues as they relate to law enforcement operations and management. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and describe the major functions of the four (4) agencies of the Department of Justice. Of the four agencies, provide a rationale for which agency you feel has the greatest responsibility as it relates to federal law enforcement.
2. Explain the purposes if the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Identify and discuss the various weaknesses related to the accuracy of the Uniform Crime Report (UCR).
3. Describe the major roles of police executive using the Mintzberg model of chief executives. Of the executive roles described in the model, provide a rationale for which role you feel is the most important for a chief executive officer’s success.
4. Examine two (2) legislative enactments that are in place to help combat terrorism. Provide your opinion on the difference of these enactments in regards to combating terrorism.
5. Analyze the problems related to determining the actual numbers of hate crimes and what makes the hate crimes different from other crimes.
6. Use at least four (4) quality references including the textbooks. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.