What are Journal Article Reviews?
This assignment addresses the following NAEYC Standards for students taking Child Growth & Development:
• Knowing and understanding young children’s characteristics and needs (Standard 1a).
• Identifying and involving oneself with the early childhood field (Standard 6a).
• Integrating knowledgeable, reflective, and critical perspectives on early education (Standard 6d).
NAEYC Supportive Skills
Skills in mastering and applying foundational concepts from general education
Written and verbal communication
Making new connections between prior knowledge, experience, and new learning
What are Journal Article Reviews? Journal article reviews are summaries and reflections of articles you will find related to early childhood education and your case study child. The articles you find will come from scholarly journals and will be peer-reviewed. Once you have read each article you will write a summary of the main points or facts of the article. Then you will write a reflection which includes your thoughts and opinions about the article along with details about how the article relates to your case study child.
Each Journal Article Review is worth 54 points
1) FIND THREE SCHOLARY RESEARCH ARTICLES
By locating journal articles related to your case study child and child education you will know and understand young children’s characteristics and needs (NAEYC Standard 1a).
• Look for child development journals written from 2007- present in THREE different areas you are interested in that we are studying this semester that apply to your Case Study Child. (See List of Appropriate Scholarly Journals under “Journal Article Reviews Information” tab in Canvas))
• These articles must cover three different topics.
• Two of these topics must apply to your Case Study child, one may be about a subject in early childhood that is of interest to you.
• For example: if your case study child has delayed speaking skills, then find articles that discuss that topic. If your case study child is being raised in a single parent home, find an article that discusses possible impacts on the child.
• Sources for this assignment are scholarly journals.
• Journals can be found using the TCC online library catalog.
2) SUMMARY & REFLECTIONS
By summarizing the facts of journal articles related to your case study and child education you will identify and involve oneself with the early childhood field (Standard 6a).
By using your own thoughts, opinions, and analysis of your case study child, you will integrate knowledgeable, reflective, and critical perspectives on early education (Standard 6d).
• Write a ½ page summary of each article
• Write a ½ page reflection of each article
• Summary and reflection equal a FULL page
• Summaries are the facts. Describe what you learned in the article.
• Reflections are your thoughts and opinions as well as analysis of how the article topic relates to your case study child.
• Include in your opinions how you can use this information in your Case Study. What insight did it show you in getting to know your Case Study Child and their development?
• Use 11 font
• 1.5 spacing
• One-inch margins
• Heading (student name and citation) should not exceed three lines single spaced (unless the citation is unusually long)
• Include link to article at the end of your citation
3) WHAT DO I SUBMIT IN CANVAS?
• This assignment will be uploaded and submitted in Canvas by the due dates found on our course calendar- three separate dates.
4) Citation Examples
Smith, J. and L. Perkins. (2002). Nutrition and young children: Influences on their physical development. Young Children. 65 (5). 45-49.
Mercurio, M. and A. McNamee. (2008). Monsters that eat people- oh my!: Selecting literature to ease children’s fears. Dimensions of Early Childhood. 36 (2).
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.